Knippenberg Insurance Inc

608 N Mechanic St
Cumberland, MD 21502

Get Directions

Recreational Insurance

What Is Recreational Insurance?

Recreational insurance covers you and your recreational items and it's separate from your standard auto insurance. It has coverage for more different and specific items depending on which recreational vehicle you have.

Boat and Watercraft Insurance

Boat insurance is not required in all states, but with all the weather changes and perils you will certainly encounter, you should secure insurance and maintain it. Some of the types of boat/watercraft insurance are hull insurance, comprehensive, collision and underinsured or uninsured drivers. You should also add hurricane and windstorm damages as well as ice and freezing damage too if you reside in an area that could be affected by these types of perils.

Motor Home and RV Insurance

RV and motor home insurance is a lot like your auto insurance. You should maintain at least the state minimum coverage for cars on your RV. The minimum liability insurance is 30/60/50 or $30,000 for bodily injury of one person, $60,000 for bodily injury of more than one person and $50,000 property damage. RV insurance covers damages to your RV in a vehicle accident, from inclement weather, vandalism, theft and under/uninsured motorists. You may also add comprehensive to cover your losses of property and you can add coverage for your motor, fish finder and any accessories you have on your boat.

Motorcycle Insurance

You are required to maintain motorcycle insurance in all states to travel on the roadways. It varies state-to-state, but for instance, in some states the minimum liability is $30,000 for bodily injures for one person, $60,000 for bodily injuries of more than one person, $15,000 property damage per each accident. You also must carry personal injury protection of to pay for you and your passenger's injuries. The uninsured motorist coverage that you need is in the same amounts of your liability coverage.

At Knippenberg Insurance Inc. we realize that it can be hard to decide on exactly what insurance you should carry as recreational insurance. You can call us or come by one of our offices for all the information you need on recreational insurance.

Partner Carriers

  • Allstate
  • Amwins
  • Chesapeake
  • Foremost
  • Frederick Mutual
  • Guard
  • Hagerty
  • K&K
  • Liberty Mutual
  • MetLife
  • National General
  • Nationwide
  • Progressive
  • Safeco
  • State Auto
  • Tapco
  • The Hartford
  • Travelers
  • Zurich